Register for Personnel Placement Service (PPS) on the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP) website
After attending FIND:
- Create an applicant account. You can do this at any point during the year.
- Select the fellowships you are interested in via your Application Portal [link to Application page].
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV). This is required in order to request an interview signup number.
- Request an interview signup number through ERS (accessible through your Application Portal) during the registration window November 19, 2018, 9am EST through November 23, 2018, 5pm EST. You will receive a randomly assigned interview signup number on November 26, 2018 by 5pm EST.
- Send out requests for letters of recommendation to their respective authors in your profile on the Application Portal. They will be sent a link they can use to directly upload the letters into the system.
Interviews will be conducted in the PPS Hall at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting in Anaheim, California from December 1st– 4th, 2018. Please note that RPIF recruitment starts a day earlier than the official dates listed on the ASHP website.
- The opening session will be held at 8 am on Saturday, December 1, 2018 in the RPIF Welcome Room located at 304B in the Anaheim Convention Center
- Interview sign-ups begin after the opening session
- Checking that you are interested in a specific fellowship alerts the selected company of your interest in interviewing for the position at Midyear
- Expressing interest in a fellowship does not guarantee an interview or a specific time slot at Midyear
- Attend your interviews
- Be organized
- Bring a day planner
- Try to avoid scheduling back-to-back interviews
Following Midyear, candidates should begin submitting materials immediately
This will enhance their opportunities for being selected for a fellowship.
Required application materials:
- Online CIF
- Letter of Intent
- CV (should be submitted prior to attending Midyear)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
To be eligible for an onsite interview, you must at least have your CV, letter of intent, and one (1) letter of recommendation submitted
To be eligible for a fellowship offer, you must have all of your application materials submitted.
NOTE: Electronic submission of application materials through the Applicant Portal is strongly preferred and offers a distinct advantage when distributing your application materials to companies with mutual interest.
Tips for submission of materials
- Ensure your CV is up-to-date.
- Submit your Letter of Intent formally stating the fellowship programs to which you would like to apply. There is no limit to the number of programs to which you may express interest. However, be sure you are sincere in your interests. Generally companies do not pursue candidates who have not expressed an interest in them.
- Obtain 3 general letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources. Since you are applying for the RPIF program, there should not be a letter for each company in which you have an interest, but rather 3 letters of recommendation suitable for any of the RPIF partner companies.
The Rutgers Industry Fellowship Program is an equal opportunity employer. For complete information on our policy at Rutgers, please visit the Human Resources website.