Create a Candidate Account on the Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship (RPIF) website, beginning August 16, 2023.
Register to attend the Physician Fellowship Information and Networking Day (FIND) on October 4, 2023 6pm-9pm EST.
After Attending Physician FIND
After attending the Physician FIND information and networking session (October 4, 2023):
- If you have not already, please create a Candidate Account on the RPIF website. It is recommended that you do this before the application portal opens on October 6th.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Letter of Intent (LOI) to your RPIF Candidate Account and complete the application including short-answer questions.
- Find and select your position(s) of interest under “Positions” on your application portal and submit to request interviews. All Physician fellowships can be found at the bottom of the application form under the heading “Use by Physician Applicants ONLY: Physician Fellowship Program”. You will only be able to submit this once.
- Completing your application is required in order for your candidacy to be considered and whether you will be scheduled for a virtual first round interview.
- Candidates are considered on a rolling basis, so earlier submission is better. Applications will not be accepted after all positions have been filled.
- Candidates must send out requests for letters of recommendation to their respective authors from their candidate account on the RPIF Website beginning October 6th. Letter writers will be sent a link they can use to directly upload the letters into the RPIF system; you may log in to see the upload status only. All (three) completed letters of recommendation should be received by Friday, December 1st 11:59pm (EST).
Prepare For Initial Virtual Interviews
Initial interviews will be conducted virtually beginning on October 23rd, 2023
- Contingent on progression from the initial interview, companies will reach out to candidates via email or phone to schedule follow up interviews. Expressing interest or applying to a fellowship through the application portal does not guarantee an interview.
- Attend your interviews
- Be organized
- Try to avoid scheduling back-to-back interviews
- Be aware of time zone differences
- Test your technology ahead of time
- Minimize any distractions
- Send thank you notes after your interview
Prepare for Final Round Interviews
Following initial interviews, candidates will be contacted by RPIF representatives for next steps.
Please note: To be eligible for a fellowship offer, you must have all of your application materials submitted to your RPIF Candidate Account.
Step by Step:
- Create an RPIF Candidate Account.
- Beginning September 1, 2023, register for Physician FIND Fellowship Informational and Networking Day taking place on October 4, 2023
- Upload your CV and LOI to the RPIF Candidate Account and complete the application including short-answer questions.
- Send requests for LORs.
- Use the application portal on the RPIF website to request an interview for your position(s) of interest at the BOTTOM of the application form under heading “Use by Physician Applicants ONLY: Physician Fellowship Program”.
- RPIF representatives will contact you via phone or email to schedule you for initial round(s) of interviews.
- Final company interviews will take place starting November 13th.
Application materials (rolling process):
- Complete application, including short-answer questions, by October 13th.
- CV: upload to your RPIF Candidate Account by October 13th.
- LOI: upload to your RPIF Candidate Account by October 13th.
- LOR: 3 Letters of Recommendation should be submitted to your RPIF Candidate Account, by December 1st.
Tips for submission of materials
- Ensure your CV is up-to-date.
- Submit your Letter of Intent formally stating the functional area and/or fellowship positions to which you would like to apply. There is no limit to the number of programs to which you may express interest. However, be sure you are sincere in your interests. Generally, companies do not pursue candidates who have not expressed an interest in them.
- Obtain 3 general letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources. Since you are applying for the RPIF program, there should not be a letter for each company in which you have an interest, but rather 3 letters of recommendation suitable for any of the RPIF partner companies.
The Rutgers Industry Fellowship Program is an equal opportunity employer. For complete information on our policy at Rutgers, please visit the Human Resources website.