Create a Candidate Account on the Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship (RPIF) website, beginning August 1, 2022.
Register to attend the Fellowship Information and Networking Day (FIND) information session (August 22, 2022 6pm-9pm EST), the subsequent networking sessions (September 12–21, 2022).
After Attending FIND
After attending the FIND information session (August 22, 2022), the subsequent networking sessions (September 12–21, 2022):
- If you have not already, please create a Candidate Account on the RPIF website. It is recommended that you do this before the application portal opens on September 23rd.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Letter of Intent (LOI) to your RPIF Candidate Account beginning September 23rd. This is required in order for companies to consider your application and schedule you for an interview.
- Find and select your position(s) of interest under “Positions” on your application portal and submit to request interviews. You will only be able to submit this once.
- Interview requests will be accepted on a rolling basis from September 23rd, when the application becomes available, through December 31st. Sponsor companies will reach out to candidates to schedule virtual first-round interviews.
- Applications will not be accepted after December 31, 2022 11:59pm (EST) / 8:59pm (PST).
- Candidates must send out requests for letters of recommendation to their respective authors from their candidate account on the RPIF Website beginning September 23rd. Letter writers will be sent a link they can use to directly upload the letters into the RPIF system; you may log in to see the upload status only. All (three) completed letters of recommendation must be received by Thursday, November 10th 11:59pm (EST). Candidates are strongly encouraged to have their letters of recommendation submitted prior to the final company interviews (November 2nd through December 7th).
Prepare For Initial Virtual Interviews
Initial interviews will be conducted virtually beginning on October 10, 2022 through November 2, 2022
- Contingent on progression from the initial interview, companies will reach out to candidates via email or phone to schedule follow up interviews. Expressing interest or applying to a fellowship through the application portal does not guarantee an interview.
- Attend your interviews
- Be organized
- Try to avoid scheduling back-to-back interviews
- Be aware of time zone differences
- Test your technology ahead of time
- Minimize any distractions
- Send thank you notes after your interview
Prepare for Final Round Interviews
Following initial interviews, candidates will be contacted by RPIF representatives for next steps. At any point in time, you have the ability to replace your CV and LOI on your RPIF Candidate Account.
Final company interviews may be conducted virtually or in-person starting on November 2nd.
Please note: To be eligible for a fellowship offer, you must have all of your application materials submitted to your RPIF Candidate Account.
Step by Step:
- Create an RPIF Candidate Account.
- Register for FIND Informational Session and Networking Sessions.
- Upload your CV and LOI to the RPIF Candidate Account.
- Send requests for LORs.
- Use the application portal on the RPIF website to request an interview for your position(s) of interest. You will only be able to submit this form once.
- RPIF representatives will contact you via phone or email to schedule you for initial round(s) of interviews.
- Final company interviews will take place starting November 2nd.
- CV: upload to your RPIF Candidate Account.
- LOI: upload to your RPIF Candidate Account.
- LOR: 3 Letters of Recommendation must be submitted to your RPIF Candidate Account, latest deadline is November 10th.
Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA) Consensus Statement
Recognizing that the choice of a Post-Doctoral Industry Fellowship is an important decision, Rutgers Institute for Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships, in conjunction with the Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA), has agreed to extend offers for Fellowships no earlier than December 7, 2022.
- The AIFA is comprised of Keck Graduate Institute (KGI), Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS), Northeastern University Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships, Purdue University College of Pharmacy, Rutgers Institute for Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships (RPIF), Saint Joseph’s University, University of North Carolina Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics (UNC, DPET), and University of Southern California School of Pharmacy (USC School of Pharmacy).
We see this respect for candidate choice as a common aspect of each of our Program’s cultures. We hope that other academic and non-academic Fellowship Programs will respect this timeline.
Tips for submission of materials
- Ensure your CV is up-to-date.
- Submit your Letter of Intent formally stating the functional area and/or fellowship positions to which you would like to apply. There is a limit of 10 programs to which you may express interest. Please be sure you are sincere in your interests. Generally, companies do not pursue candidates who have not expressed an interest in them.
- Obtain 3 general letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources. Since you are applying for the RPIF program, there should not be a letter for each company in which you have an interest, but rather 3 letters of recommendation suitable for any of the RPIF partner companies.
The Rutgers Industry Fellowship Program is an equal opportunity employer. For complete information on our policy at Rutgers, please visit the Human Resources website.