Create a Candidate Account on the Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship (RPIF) website, beginning August 16, 2023.
Register to attend the Fellowship Information and Networking Day (FIND) information session (September 6, 2023 6pm-9pm EST), the subsequent networking sessions (September 11–21, 2023).
After Attending FIND
After attending the FIND information session (September 6, 2023), the subsequent networking sessions (September 11–21, 2023):
- If you have not already, please create a Candidate Account on the RPIF website. It is recommended that you do this before the application portal opens on October 6th.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Letter of Intent (LOI) to your RPIF Candidate Account and complete the application including short-answer questions.
- Find and select your position(s) of interest under “Positions” on your application portal and submit to request interviews. You will only be able to submit this once.
- Completing your application is required in order for your candidacy to be considered and whether you will be scheduled for a virtual first round interview.
- Candidates are considered on a rolling basis, so earlier submission is better.
- Candidates must send out requests for letters of recommendation to their respective authors from their candidate account on the RPIF Website beginning October 6th. Letter writers will be sent a link they can use to directly upload the letters into the RPIF system; you may log in to see the upload status only. All (three) completed letters of recommendation should be submitted by Friday, December 1st 11:59pm (EST). Candidates are strongly encouraged to have their letters of recommendation submitted prior to the final company interviews.
Prepare For Initial Virtual Interviews
Initial interviews will be conducted virtually beginning on October 23rd, 2023
- Contingent on progression from the initial interview, companies will reach out to candidates in whom they are interested via email or phone to schedule follow up interviews. Expressing interest or applying to a fellowship through the application portal does not guarantee an interview.
- Attend your interviews
- Be organized
- Try to avoid scheduling back-to-back interviews
- Be aware of time zone differences
- Test your technology ahead of time
- Minimize any distractions
- Be ready to talk about your accomplishments and skill sets
- Send thank you notes after your interview
Prepare for Final Round Interviews
Following initial interviews, candidates will be contacted by RPIF representatives for next steps.
Final company interviews may be conducted virtually or in-person starting on November 13th.
Please note: To be eligible for a fellowship offer, you must have all of your application materials submitted to your RPIF Candidate Account, including the 3 letters of recommendation.
Step by Step:
- Create an RPIF Candidate Account.
- Register for FIND Informational Session and Networking Sessions.
- Upload your CV and LOI to the RPIF Candidate Account and complete the application including short-answer questions.
- Send requests for LORs.
- Use the application portal on the RPIF website to request an interview for your position(s) of interest. You will only be able to submit this form once.
- As interested, RPIF representatives will contact you via phone or email to schedule you for initial round(s) of interviews.
Application materials (rolling process):
- Complete application, including short-answer questions, by October 13th
- CV: upload to your RPIF Candidate Account, submit by October 13th
- LOI: upload to your RPIF Candidate Account, submit by October 13th
- LOR: 3 Letters of Recommendation should be submitted to your RPIF Candidate Account, by December 1st
Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA) Consensus Statement
Recognizing that the choice of a Post-Doctoral Industry Fellowship is an important decision, AIFA exists to promote a common aspect of each of our program’s cultures by supporting a consensus first offer date of December 13, 2023 for all fellowship candidates.
We hope that other academic and non-academic Fellowship Programs will respect this timeline to allow for best program fit for candidates.
Tips for submission of materials
- Ensure your CV is up-to-date.
- Submit your Letter of Intent formally stating the functional area and/or fellowship positions to which you would like to apply. There is a limit of 10 programs to which you may express interest. Please be sure you are sincere in your interests. Generally, companies do not pursue candidates who have not expressed an interest in them.
- Obtain 3 general letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources. Since you are applying for the RPIF program, there should not be a letter for each company in which you have an interest, but rather 3 letters of recommendation suitable for any of the RPIF partner companies.
The Rutgers Industry Fellowship Program is an equal opportunity employer. For complete information on our policy at Rutgers, please visit the Human Resources website.