420 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502
Fellowship Positions Available
Acorda’s mission is to develop therapies that restore function and improve the lives of people with neurological disorders. When Acorda was founded in 1995, our initial focus was spinal cord injury research. As the company has grown, we have expanded our therapeutic focus to include a number of neurological conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, PSWD (post-stroke walking difficulty), and migraine headaches.. However, one thing remains the same: our support and involvement in the patient communities we serve.
Our commitment to improving neurological function goes beyond the development of new treatments. We participate in medical programs throughout the year whose goal is to facilitate communication among healthcare professionals about our products and research. We also develop and support a wide range of programs that encourage financial independence and health and wellness for people who live with neurological conditions.
Acorda’s collaborative approach has created a company in which innovation is closely tied to our values of integrity and teamwork. We are proud that this has been recognized by numerous independent organizations, including:
- In 2016, for the sixth consecutive year, Acorda was recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York, based on a survey conducted by Best Companies Group (an independent company that manages Best Places to Work programs on state, regional and national levels).
- Acorda has been named one of the Fortune 100 Best U.S. Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials and Baby Boomers, based on an independent survey by Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine.
- Our colleagues have been recognized for individual and team achievements by various trade groups and industry publications: Corporate Counsel’s Best Legal Departments, three PharmaVoice 100 recipients, four PM360 Elite members, and multiple marketing awards from MM&M, PM360, and American Business Awards, just to name a few.
The following are brief descriptions of the offered fellowships:
Acorda’s Medical Affairs Department covers medical information, scientific communications, medical scientific operations, field-based medicine, and health economics and outcomes research. Medical Affairs also works closely with Acorda's Clinical Development Department.
- The Fellow will learn the core responsibilities of medical information and gain exposure to other functional areas within Medical Affairs in their first year.
- Time allocated to the other disciplines within Medical Affairs will be based on business needs with consideration to Fellow interest.
- During the second year, the Fellow will have the opportunity to enhance their industry experience by completing elective rotations.
Fellowship Highlights: The Fellow will participate in projects at critical times whenever possible.
The Fellow will obtain in-depth, hands-on experience in multiple functions within Regulatory Affairs:
- Regulatory Strategy
- Promotional Review (U.S.)
- Chemistry, Manufacturing & Controls (CMC)
The Fellow would also be part of multi-disciplinary teams, providing exposure to multiple functions within the biopharmaceutical industry, including Marketing, Pre-clinical Development, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Legal, and Market Access. As part of each function within Regulatory Affairs, the Fellow would contribute to gathering and sharing regulatory intelligence.