At a Glance
The Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program is an industry-based training program which partners with the leading pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical companies. The program is designed for individuals with a Doctorate of Pharmacy to further their experience in the pharmaceutical industry through work experience and clinical research.
The Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program:
- Began in 1984, as a project co-piloted by Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey and two pharmaceutical companies.
- Has grown to include 80-90 fellows annually at 14 partner companies on both the East/West Coast.
- Promotes a consistently high level of program quality, training and outcomes across the spectrum of fellowships at multiple sponsor companies.
- Coordinates the interface between key fellowship stakeholders, including preceptors, fellows and alumni
- Fosters innovation and scholarly endeavors between Rutgers and its industry partners through the activities of participating fellows, including teaching, publications, seminars and research.
- Has helped drive the demand for the growing number of employment opportunities for clinical pharmacists in industry.
Because of its close proximity to the nation’s leading drug manufacturers, the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy is uniquely capable of providing its students and fellows with exposure to the pharmaceutical and bio pharmaceutical industries.